Spencer shows you behind-the-scenes (BTS) how to make money blogging in this video!
Watch Spencer Build a $5,000/Month Blog From Scratch!
Which is crazy by the way.
One of my goals for this website is to make decent money from blogging too…
You can check out my stats in my income report post.
Let’s see how long I need to reach the 5k per month milestone!
Back to business.
Let’s find out how to make money blogging from Spencer Mecham.
- Make Money Blogging Watch Me Build a $5,000/Month Blog FROM SCRATCH Overview
- Final Thoughts – Make Money Blogging Watch Me Build a $5,000/Month Blog FROM SCRATCH
Make Money Blogging Watch Me Build a $5,000/Month Blog FROM SCRATCH Overview
Here’s a quick overview of what’s in the video for those of you who want to know before watching it:
- Introduction: Spencer introduce his website which is going to make $5,000 per month
- Coming Up With Content Ideas
- Creating Outlines
- How To Hire Writers
In this 30 minutes~ish video, Spencer covers a ton of information on how he makes money blogging.
He starts with the basics of picking a domain and setting up your blog categories.
From there he moves on to more important topics such as content ideas, creating outlines, and hiring writers.
Are you excited yet?
I sure am!
Let’s learn what it takes to make money blogging from Spencer Mecham.
What Is Domain Name Registrar
Your domain is your address on the internet. It’s what people type into their browsers to find your website.
For example, my domain is “webserviceonwallstreet.com” You can usually buy domains from companies like GoDaddy or Namecheap.
They usually cost around $10-15 per year.
In the video, Spencer mentioned he bought an expired domain with some decent backlinks pointing to it.
This helped him rank in Google faster because the backlinks gave his new website some “authority.”
What is an expired domain?
An expired domain is a domain name that was previously registered by someone else but has since expired.
Expired domains often have backlinks pointing to them, which can give your new website a boost in search engine rankings.
There are a few places you can check for expired domains, such as GoDaddy Auctions or Spamzilla.
What are backlinks?
Backlinks are links from other websites that point to your website.
They are often seen as a vote of confidence in your website.
The more backlinks you have, the higher your website will rank in search engines.
You can check the number of backlinks pointing to your website using a tool like Moz or Semrush.
Categorize aka Niche
Next, you need to choose a niche for your blog.
A niche is simply a topic that you will write about on your blog.
For example, my niche is Affiliate Marketing and Spencer Mecham.
Well, that may sound like a really broad topic, but it’s actually quite specific.
I write about how to make money with affiliate marketing and I also write about Spencer Mecham (who is an expert in the field).
Narrowing down your niche will help you attract the right readers to your blog.
It will also make it easier to come up with content ideas and it will make your blog more focused.
If you try to write about everything, you will end up writing about nothing.
Pick a topic that you see there is a demand for it and there is growth potential.
You can use Google Trends to see if there is indeed demand for your niche.
As you can see there is a steady growth in “Affiliate Marketing” for the past 5 years which means there is definitely demand for it.
While the search on Spencer Mecham is not as consistent but it is a related topic to “Affiliate Marketing” terms.
Set up Your Website
When it comes to set up your website there are a few things you need to do:
- Choose a domain name and web host
- Choose a WordPress theme
- Choose a Page Builder
- Install plugins
- Create pages and posts
I won’t leave you hanging here.
Let’s go ahead and set up your website now.
Choose a Domain Name and Web Host
The first step is to choose a domain name and web host.
As I mentioned earlier, you can buy your domain from companies like GoDaddy or Namecheap.
For web hosting, I recommend using SiteGround.
They are one of the most popular and well-respected web hosts in the industry.
Plus, they are one of the few companies that offer WordPress-specific hosting plans.
This means they will pre-install WordPress for you and Optimize your website for performance.
Learn More: Point A Domain To SiteGround Servers
Choose a WordPress theme
Next, you need to choose a theme for your website.
A theme is basically a template that determines the look and feel of your website.
In the video, Spencer recommends using Astra.
Astra is a lightweight WordPress theme that is extremely fast and customizable.
Choose a Page Builder
The next step is to choose a page builder.
I am not a big fan of page builder because it kinda slows down your website.
A page builder is a plugin that allows you to create custom pages and posts with drag and drop.
It is extremely easy to use but it can slow down your website if not used properly.
In the video, Spencer recommends “Elementor” which is one of the most popular page builders in the market.
There are a few essential plugins that you need to install on your WordPress website.
Here are a few that I found handy:
- Affiliate Linkr Pro: Spencer links shortener plugin. (Best for affiliate links)
- Rank Math: SEO plugin that is used to optimize your website for search engines.
- Simple Basic Contact Form: A must-have if you want to add a contact form to your website.
- Wp Last Modified Info: Helps you display the last updated timestamp on your blog posts.
- Shortpixel: Image compression plugin that helps you speed up your website.
Create pages and posts
Once you have install all the essential plugins, it’s time to start creating content.
You can create pages and posts with WordPress.
A page is usually used for static content like your About Me page or Contact Page.
A post is usually used for your blog articles.
That’s it! You have now successfully set up your WordPress website.
In the next section, we will be talking about how to generate traffic to your website.
A Year-Long Content Ideas
The most important part of a successful blog is content.
If you don’t have good content, no one will read your blog.
That’s why it’s important to come up with a content strategy.
The best way to do this is to come up with a list of content ideas that you can write about for the next year.
This might seem like a daunting task but it’s actually not that difficult.
Here are a few tips:
1. Brainstorm a list of potential topics: The first step is to come up with a list of potential topics that you can write about.
To do this, I like to use a tool called “Evernote”.
Evernote is a note-taking app that allows you to capture and organize your ideas.
To get started, create a new note and title it “Content Ideas”.
Next, start brainstorming a list of potential topics that you can write about.
2. Find out what people are searching for: The next step is to find out what people are actually searching for online.
The best way to do this is to use the “Google Keyword Planner” tool.
This tool allows you to see how many people are searching for a particular keyword.
To use this tool, go to Google and type in “keyword planner”.
Click on the first result and you will be taken to the Google Keyword Planner tool.
Next, click on “Search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category”.
Enter in a few of the topics that you brainstormed earlier and hit enter.
Google will now show you a list of related keywords along with the monthly search volume.
Choose a few of the keywords with the highest search volume and add them to your list.
3. Check out what your competition is doing: The next step is to see what your competition is doing.
Go to Google and type in one of the keywords that you are interested in.
Take a look at the first 5-10 results and see what kind of content they are writing about.
You can also use a tool like “BuzzSumo” to see what content is popular in your niche.
4. Create a content calendar: The final step is to create a content calendar.
This will help you plan and organize your content.
I like to use a tool called “Google Calendar”.
To get started, go to Google Calendar and create a new calendar.
Next, add all of the topics that you want to write about.
You can also add deadlines and other reminders.
That’s it! You now have a content calendar that you can use to plan and organize your content.
I hope you have all your topics for the next year.
The next step is to start creating outlines for your articles.
An outline is simply a plan for your article.
It helps you organize your thoughts and makes it easier to write your article.
Creating outline is kinda like taking the best part of the article and putting them together in a logical order.
Here is how you can create an outline for your article:
- Choose a topic: The first step is to choose a topic that you want to write about. Make sure it’s something that you are interested in and that you have some knowledge about.
- Do some research: The next step is to do some research about your topic. This will help you understand the topic better and it will also give you some ideas for your article.
- Write a title: The next step is to write a title for your article. Make sure it’s something catchy and that it tells the reader what the article is about.
- Write an introduction: The next step is to write a introduction for your article. This is where you will introduce the topic of your article and give the reader an overview of what they can expect.
- Write the body: The next step is to write the body of your article. This is where you will go into more depth about the topic of your article.
- Write a conclusion: The final step is to write a conclusion for your article. This is where you will summarize the main points of your article and leave the reader with something to think about.
That’s it! You now have a basic outline for your article.
Now it’s time to start writing your article.
How To Hire Writers
If you don’t want to write the articles yourself, you can always hire writers to do it for you.
There are a few different ways that you can find writers:
- Upwork: Upwork is a website where you can find freelance writers. To get started, go to Upwork and create an account. Then, post a job listing and wait for the writers to apply.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is another website where you can find freelance writers. To get started, go to Fiverr and create an account. Then, post a job listing and wait for the writers to apply.
- Contact a writing agency: You can also contact a writing agency and hire them to write the articles for you. Once you have found a few writing agencies that you are interested in, contact them and see if they are willing to write the articles for you.
That’s it! Those are three ways that you can find writers to help you with your blog.
If you are into tech or AI writing assistance then you need to check out Jasper AI.
For all Legend Affiliate Marketing readers, you can get 10,000 words free!
Final Thoughts – Make Money Blogging Watch Me Build a $5,000/Month Blog FROM SCRATCH
Alright! I hope you guys enjoyed this post.
I am super excited how this blog is coming along and I can’t wait to show you guys the results.
I am confident that with a little bit of hard work, anyone can make money blogging.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below and I will be happy to answer them.
And if you liked this post, please share it with your friends!
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you in the next one!